MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research
Speaker/Panelist 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
Pathways to Future Ready: The Digital Playbook (2017)
Thriving Through Digital Ecosystems (2016)
The Board, CEO and CIO Roles in Dealing with Digital Disruption (2015)
Peter Weill is the Chairman of the MIT Sloan Center for Information Systems Research (CISR) at the MIT Sloan School of Management. His work centers on the role, value, and governance of digitization in enterprises. Dr. Weill joined the MIT Sloan faculty in 2000 to become director of MIT CISR, which is funded by 90 corporate sponsors and patrons, and undertakes practical research on how firms generate business value from digitization. As chair, he focuses on globalizing the center’s research and delivery. In 2008, Ziff Davis recognized Dr. Weill as #24 of The Top 100 Most Influential People in IT, the highest-ranked academic.
His award-winning books, journal articles, and case studies have appeared in the Harvard Business Review, the Sloan Management Review, and the Wall Street Journal. Dr. Weill has co-authored five best-selling books published by Harvard Business School Press, including IT Savvy: What Top Executives Must Know to Go from Pain to Gain; Enterprise Architecture as Strategy: Creating a Foundation for Business Execution; and IT Governance: How Top Performers Manage IT Decision Rights for Superior Results.
Dr. Weill presents executive and MBA programs on digital transformation, and in 2007 received an MIT Sloan Outstanding Teacher Award. He works regularly on digitization issues with the senior leadership of corporations and governments.
- In search of digital business models: Six questions (2018-06-07)
- CIOs Talk AI, Digital Pressures and Other Pain Points at MIT’s CIO Symposium (2018-05-24)
- 6 questions the C-suite must answer to achieve digital transformation (2018-05-23)
- Digital transformation: 5 lessons on finding the right business model (2018-05-23)
- MIT CIO Symposium 2017 elucidates the digital playbook (2017-05-26)
- CIO doesn’t play chief digital officer role at GE (2017-05-26)
- Upcoming: MIT Sloan CIO Symposium (2017-04-05)
- How to Thrive in the Digital Economy (2016-06-21)
- Finding Value and Concern in the Digital Economy (2016-05-24)
- MIT CIO: Cooperation vs. competition in the digital ecosystem (2016-05-20)
- MIT Sloan CIO Symposium: Customer experience is critical in the digital economy (2016-05-18)
- Digital disruption: How to make money from it explained by tech guru Peter Weill (2016-02-11)
- Digital disruption boosts board members’ acclaim for the CIO role (2015-06-16)